Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Perth Motorplex today

Had a phone call from Eddie from Active Autos inviting me to a private test day at the plex for today, Was able to take a coupe of cars so I asked Phil Watson and Daniel Otway to come join me.

Phil first launch, blows a CV (Stock CV's). Back to Xtreme for a new billet set, Time was against us so we replaced the broken 1 with a billet 1.

Back out, By the third pass Phil reset his own record by running a 11.13 @ 126 MPH with a 1.66 60 ft. Followed by a strings of mid and low 11 second passes. Grats mate, good job.

Daniel Otway's 4.6 litres mod engined AU with a Kenne Belle 2.8 H Has a go next, his prior one only pass of a 11.51 was the time we wanted to beat. Beat he did with a 10.98 @ 130 with his times ranging from mid to low 11's and an 11.0 just before his 10.98. MPH as high as 133.

Well done guys you have done myself and my shop proud with your mean machines.

Now the sad part. Against all my common sence and my brains telling me not to do it I thought I would take my F6 for a run or 2 with just the street tyres for a bit of fun....... Idea of the street tyres was thinking it wouldnt be able to break anything would it..... man I was wrong. With a detune on the dyno before hand pulling power back to 560 rwkw's off we went.

Now the turbo size limits the car to not getting boost in 1st gear so my 60 was always going to be bad. 2.6 bad actually.............. hit second gear and the car buzzed straight to the limiter so I pretty much just drove it down the track nwoing I had stuffed the run. It still ran over 100 mph to the 660 even with the lift off which amazed me a little.

Second go..... now the bad part. same 60 but this time I just squeezed my foot down and not even getting it to the floor before changing gears, all was well until I had to use 5th gear with about 100 metres and it just went B A N G and zipped straight to the limiter... No drive no gears no nothing. So until I pull the box tomorrow I dont know for sure but I would think its snapped the input shaft of the gearbox.......... Wonder if I will can get warranty hahahahhahahha. So no pass for me....... Not that I can really blame the car, that much power trying to get down a darg strip was always a stupid idea. The power delivery of the thing is not for the faint hearted and really was a stupid mistake on my behalf to even try. I never built it for it and I should have knowen better.

In reality though, I had a great time and it was great day, Thanks Eddie Tassone and the Greens for letting us play today.

Well done guys.

Simon XFT.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Hey Simon thanks for sharing...can't wait to get back on the strip!!
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Its a manual right?

I thought the TR6060's were one of the strongest manual's around. Seem to handle the ZR1's, GT500's etc. Vipers?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its a manual right?

I thought the TR6060's were one of the strongest manual's around. Seem to handle the ZR1's, GT500's etc. Vipers?
They are, but 1100+rwnm will kill the best of them.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #5
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its a manual right?

So did I mte so did I.. I guess ill see the extent of it tomorrow once it out and ill make sure i update it for you to see.

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I've heard that our TR6060 isn't as strong as the one used in the GT500.

Well done CAT, a 10.98 is an awesome time!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Sorry ot hear that Simon

On the flip side, Daniel must be stoked to have run 10.98 - do you or Daniel think there is any better times to be had from it?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No doubt it has more to go mate. I just think Dans interested in it at this time. I think hes more interested in keeping true to t he cars original plans of using it for an everyday street car. The new T3 on the other hand....

Now thats a different story.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Wow, good times there Simon, brilliant actually.. :

Good to have such success with different marques, the turbo 6 and the mighty modular.

Sorry to hear about your F6. Let me know if we can help.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
fritzz

awesome times... 10.98 from a everyday streeter is great

crazy 60ft time from phil's car, never thought a 1900kg manual car would do a 1.6.. shows how well these cars are tuned

was phils car run on the 22psi tune simon?
# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - Custom built AU 4L bottom end, Billet Turbos B76-GTS, Nizpro plenum, 6boost manifold, Autronic SM4, Custom billet surecam camshaft, 3x 044 pumps and custom undercar surge tank, Custom 4" exhaust, ID2000 Injectors, 60mm Turbosmart gate, Turbosmart race port bov, , Tremec TKO 600, Cebco 330mm Brakes, 3.7:1 9" diff with billet axles and trutrack center 608rwkw, 9.6sec 1/4mile

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8.5/ 20x10 fairladys
fritzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Daniel, awsome effort cracking a 10 in a manual and better luck next time out Simon.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzz
awesome times... 10.98 from a everyday streeter is great

crazy 60ft time from phil's car, never thought a 1900kg manual car would do a 1.6.. shows how well these cars are tuned

was phils car run on the 22psi tune simon?
Thanks mateand yes it was 22, it was actualy the same tune we had in it at Collie aswell.

Well gear box is out of my baby....

Pics will be tonight

input shaft is broken, hopefully that's all that it is. Now to try and get a new one.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great right up Simon. For a minute I thought youwhere going to tell us you pulled 3rd, turened it around and put it in the wall...........But only broken gerbox 'phew'.

Awesome effort Daniel. Great time and solid mph. Can you post up your slip? What was your 60ft and mid track mph? I sure this thing would really motoring by mid track.