Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
plee

Default Ride Quality

Hi,

I've recently bought a LS Focus CL (having traded in a BA XR6) and was wondering if anybody knew what the ride difference was like between the CL and the Zetec?

Cheers

Old 03-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

The Zetec has a firmer "sportier" ride. Its also lowered 20mm (I think).

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The zetec is lower, has thicker stiffer springs and thicker anti roll bars, it's certainly a firmer ride but it would be heaven compared to my superlows which drop it a further 50mm and then i've got 30 profile tyres also....

P.S - Anyone want to buy original zetec springs?!?!? make an offer, only 10,000kms on them
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Hey Zetec20, does your car ever scrape the top of speed humps? I'm curious cause 50mm is alot of drop.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
FocusLX06

Zetec20 - What are your springs worth, and how much do you reckon it'd cost to get them fitted? Just curious, I'll decide if 'm interested after I get those details.

Welcome to the focus family plee
Old 03-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car doesn't scrape on speed humps, but i have to be careful with the front bar on steep driveways and such, and i have to go on a heaps big angle to get down my steep driveway, other than that clearance isn't too bad.

As for the springs they cost $230 for kings superlows from repco, i've still got the parts numbers sitting around somewhere if anyone needs them, as for fitting my brother did that for me what area are you from??
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #7
plee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusLX06
Zetec20 - What are your springs worth, and how much do you reckon it'd cost to get them fitted? Just curious, I'll decide if 'm interested after I get those details.

Welcome to the focus family plee
Thanks

I was just curious about the difference, I've noticed the ride height on the CL is fairly high (especially compared to the XR6) but it's still very comfortable and still plenty of zip about it. Very happy so far (after 3 weeks and 1700kms).
Old 07-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
Parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Its also lowered 20mm (I think).
Zetec is 10mm lower according to other posts in here I have read.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by plee
Hi,

I've recently bought a LS Focus CL (having traded in a BA XR6) and was wondering if anybody knew what the ride difference was like between the CL and the Zetec?

Cheers
The Zetec is definatly firmer, and combined with the 17" it gives a bumpy ride and more road noise than the other models.

Although you wouldn't go for the sports model if you didnt want that

Part of the CLs ride height problem comes from the 15"s it has stock. I've got my 16"s for sale, which give the best of both worlds (grip/looks vs comfort)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post