Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Ms_Jam

Default LZ Focus Manual — Message 'needs service'

My Focus has done just over 7,500 km.

Early this afternoon I saw a message on it saying something like, 'Engine malfunction, needs service now'. This was in orange.

I was not far from home, so I returned. I left the vehicle for a couple of hours. I restarted it in neutral. The message had gone. I let it idle for a while.

But the message has not reappeared. The temperature seems normal, at just below 90 degrees. I checked the oil, and the level seems OK.

I will try to book it in on Monday.

Is it safe to drive for short distances in the meantime, do you think? What could be the problem? Static electricity? A failing sensor?
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: LZ Focus Manual — Message 'needs service'

Likely to be an intermittent fault in a sensor but it should be fine to drive unless the warning reappears.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
Ms_Jam

Took the vehicle to the Dealer today.

They could not find any fault.

The message has not returned.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam View Post
I saw a message on it saying something like, 'Engine malfunction, needs service now'. This was in orange.
For the benefit of the other LZ owners, where was this message displayed?
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
Ms_Jam

The message came up on the small screen (which I view with four sources of info) in front of the driver.

The background was black and it took up the whole of the small screen. The letters of the words were white.

The words had an orange border. For some reason I cannot recall now, I have the impression that an orange border is less serious than a red one.

The mechanic said that if anything goes badly wrong, the engine should progressively close itself down, without damage. I assume this refers to 'limp mode'.
Old 31-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
shellstar98

I have an lz sport 2016 updated version and mine came up with engine service now or something it was in orange it happened on start up and went away after about the third time I started it...I can remember thinking please dont be a lemon lol
shellstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post