Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #31
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have big mates & lots of connections, just insure yourself.

Like the mafia, you hit us, we hit you :P

Or just give me the car ;) Nah, I reckon you stuff work & money, and get this puppy engineered!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

What I wanna know is HOW THE FK have all these Young Kids got such beasts????????? I mean Dan, XRQtor, and the guy with the Monaro I'm jealous as all hell :, and it aint just cuz i got a fiesta. Even if i still had my old car, I'd be jealous!!!!!!

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #33
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
What I wanna know is HOW THE FK have all these Young Kids got such beasts????????? I mean Dan, XRQtor, and the guy with the Monaro I'm jealous as all hell :, and it aint just cuz i got a fiesta. Even if i still had my old car, I'd be jealous!!!!!!

-Dan
I'm guessing they have worked hard from a young age, and have got a full time job as soon as they can. I wish I wasn't so lazy.
Old 13-07-2005, 04:02 AM   #34
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

I'm insured with just cars. I've asked them about this and they say that if you'd had an accident, you don't need to provide an engineers cert that was performed before the incident, but you will need to have someone look at the car after the accident to prove that the vehicle was roadworthy to begin with. That's what I remember anyway. Ring them up again and get them to explain it more thoroughly, also give them hypothetical situations...

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
I'm guessing they have worked hard from a young age, and have got a full time job as soon as they can. I wish I wasn't so lazy.
Na i dicked around after i left school, took me just over a year before i got a full time job.

Now i work 6o+ hours a week monday to friday only. If i didn't have my car im telling you now i sure as hell wouldn't be working 16 hour days twice a week.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
I'm insured with just cars. I've asked them about this and they say that if you'd had an accident, you don't need to provide an engineers cert that was performed before the incident, but you will need to have someone look at the car after the accident to prove that the vehicle was roadworthy to begin with. That's what I remember anyway. Ring them up again and get them to explain it more thoroughly, also give them hypothetical situations...
Just dont be stupid like me and give them your real name. I told them i had an at fault no cliam accident and 12 months later when i actually used them for insurance they had it on their system and i only got 3o% ncb.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #37
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
Yep. Pretty much. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #38
parawolf
beep beep

How much? shame its an auto - i want a manual race car!
Old 14-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #39
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM me an offer, The auto goes plenty hard, it would be worth buying it and putting in a T56!!! The previous owner set it up for circuit racing, but it has only ever done 6 laps for testing he told me.

It definately has to be legal AND rwc for Just cars to insure me. So JCI is a no go.

Ill ring shannons later in the day.
Old 14-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #40
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
PM me an offer, The auto goes plenty hard, it would be worth buying it and putting in a T56!!! The previous owner set it up for circuit racing, but it has only ever done 6 laps for testing he told me.

It definately has to be legal AND rwc for Just cars to insure me. So JCI is a no go.

Ill ring shannons later in the day.

An AUTO for CIRCUIT RACING?????
used:
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #41
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I know! :p
Old 15-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #42
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

damn thats a tough break dan.

i went through the same rigamarole when trying to buy a BA XR6T. Justcar were the ONLY people who would touch me (im 23) - and even then it was over 2 grand. young and cool require the car to be garaged (i have to park on street). shannons refused based on age and the rest are just tools.

one option is chucking it on a truck to the engineeer in NSW then trucking it back. that's how i got my 6 up from VIC...
Old 15-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #43
neb
hibernating

don't sell it... get it engineered asap and then i'm sure just car insurance will cover you
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #44
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny

-Dan
some people have rich parents, i hate it cuz all my mates got their parents to buy their car for em, i had to work for mine : funny thing is though i know their parents bought it for them but yet they say they payed for it themselves yet they have never worked a day in their life??? also these are 20k+ cars

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #45
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
some people have rich parents, i hate it cuz all my mates got their parents to buy their car for em, i had to work for mine : funny thing is though i know their parents bought it for them but yet they say they payed for it themselves yet they have never worked a day in their life??? also these are 20k+ cars
My parents arent rich, they both drive $1500 EA's. I work for what I have.

What difference does it make where the money came from anyway? Why should people be singled out because their parents have done well and can afford to do things like that.

:( It seems Ill have to get it engineered and then insure it or just sell it off.

I want to keep it for a bit longer first though. :
Old 15-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #46
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Mate

go third party insurance to start with or go and talk to an insurance company that may insurance for an agreed sum with conditions.

Find out more about rally rego and insurance that goes with a car that will only do track work
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #47
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle-F
damn thats a tough break dan.

i went through the same rigamarole when trying to buy a BA XR6T. Justcar were the ONLY people who would touch me (im 23) - and even then it was over 2 grand. young and cool require the car to be garaged (i have to park on street). shannons refused based on age and the rest are just tools.
Two things are stopping me from buying a BA Turbo - One I don't really want to committ to another loan and Two - the Bloody insurance - I'm 43 and if I buy the turbo my present Insurer will not touch Turbos unless it's attached to a deisel (Allianz) and if i ring around the cheapest I can find is almost three times my current rate.
But if i brought a GT or a XR8 no worries with my current insurer. Why are insurance companies still anti-Turbo.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #48
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN
Two things are stopping me from buying a BA Turbo - One I don't really want to committ to another loan and Two - the Bloody insurance - I'm 43 and if I buy the turbo my present Insurer will not touch Turbos unless it's attached to a deisel (Allianz) and if i ring around the cheapest I can find is almost three times my current rate.
But if i brought a GT or a XR8 no worries with my current insurer. Why are insurance companies still anti-Turbo.
Not just insurance companies anymore either - the RTA has justy released the list of P-Plater car restrictions. On the hit-list bigtime is TTTTURBOS!

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...onditions.html

And hey can someone tell me exactly why turbo diesels are exempt??
Old 15-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #49
loxxr6
XB in parts...

(off topic)Oh yeah and cars like certain model Saabs apparently are banned....it doesn't make sense. When asked why the system isn't like the Vic one, they said the Vic one was too complicated.....

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #50
hambo_12

That sucks, but whatever you do, dont sell it (unless its to me!).

Im having the same problem with insuring my ute. I want to lower it, but no one will insure me if I do... NRMA will, but they will only let me lower it a couple of cm's.

*HIJACK* - Anyone know of an insurer that allows monthly payments that will let me lower my ute more than an inch??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #51
parawolf
beep beep

dansedgli,

I can only hope you can find someone to compliance and insure your car for what it deserves. It's an excellent piece of work and needs to be driven. Kind of like that Mobil 1 advert on TV at the moment - Cars like to run.
Old 15-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #52
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
Its funny you say that because one of my mates parents bought him a 1997 R33 Skyline for about 25k as a first car, which he then didnt like because of cop attention. So seven months down the track he sold it and bought a 2002 S15 200sx.

The thing is even though his parents bought him these cars he still works an absolute sh*tload more than any other of my mates. Thats why his parents apparently bought him the car because they liked his work ethic :
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #53
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Its funny you say that because one of my mates parents bought him a 1997 R33 Skyline for about 25k as a first car, which he then didnt like because of cop attention. So seven months down the track he sold it and bought a 2002 S15 200sx.

The thing is even though his parents bought him these cars he still works an absolute sh*tload more than any other of my mates. Thats why his parents apparently bought him the car because they liked his work ethic :
absolutely nothing wrong with parents buying their kids cars, as long as the car is reasonable and the child doesnt become arrogant because of it.

anyway getting back on track - dan what have u decided on the car? I noticed your signature changed....is the beast no more?? :
Old 18-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #54
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No its stil here, no luck as of yet though :( Maybe I should give up on it and get something a little more tame even though i dont want to :( There needs to be a point where I become sensible and get something that can be covered if something bad happens. This AU will be a bit costly to replace if something happens.

But first I must run a 10 :evil3:

So anyone want to buy a 300+rwkw AU XR6? :

Last edited by dansedgli; 18-07-2005 at 10:58 PM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #55
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

But first I must run a 10 :evil3:
Where right behind you....everyone one has been waiting to see this AU in action....rip it up....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #56
hambo_12

Dan, have you gone to see a broker? They could be able to suss something out for you...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #57
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got a few more places to try today then its off to a broker.
Old 19-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #58
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My car is too modified for Young and cool! Apparantly they only allow the ricer mods!

Who wants to buy an awesome AU? :P Will accept a stock car as part payment! :
Old 19-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #59
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suncorp said no. Too young. :(
Old 19-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #60
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Suncorp said no. Too young. :(
You're kidding me, right? They told you no because you're too young...

What a bunch of fools.