Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
Sinewandsteel
SinewAndSteel

Default dumb newb q?

where do i find the always on ignition battery cable under the bonnet of my 2007 XR6 n/a, (bog standard) to ft some aftermarket trailer supply and, power to a camper?
thanks in advance!
cheers
dave

Sinewandsteel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: dumb newb q?

No such thing as a dumb question.

You can simply wire anything that requires always on directly to the battery positive terminal but there is also a permanent power supply in the underbonnet power distribiution box as well.

There are wiring diagrams for the B-Series in the Tech Portal that will help too.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Pink wire in the socket for the trailer plug loom is always on, fed from the trailer fuse in the inside fusebox. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #4
Sinewandsteel
SinewAndSteel

Thank you all folks! I am looking at running a second battery setup through an anderson lead to the trailer where the second battery will live. I LUUUUURVE setup for camping that i've seen with a second ute body as a camper trailer.
Ive even run a hydraulic setup to keep the brake system, so it it all colour matched with the shockwave brakes

I have also runs tow bar bar off the camper trailer to run a second trailer which Ive only been able to get away with in the territory. looked red hot tho!
two braked trailers off the xR. see if i can find some pics for y'all.
cheers
Sinewandsteel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post