Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Perth Motorplex today

Had a phone call from Eddie from Active Autos inviting me to a private test day at the plex for today, Was able to take a coupe of cars so I asked Phil Watson and Daniel Otway to come join me.

Phil first launch, blows a CV (Stock CV's). Back to Xtreme for a new billet set, Time was against us so we replaced the broken 1 with a billet 1.

Back out, By the third pass Phil reset his own record by running a 11.13 @ 126 MPH with a 1.66 60 ft. Followed by a strings of mid and low 11 second passes. Grats mate, good job.

Daniel Otway's 4.6 litres mod engined AU with a Kenne Belle 2.8 H Has a go next, his prior one only pass of a 11.51 was the time we wanted to beat. Beat he did with a 10.98 @ 130 with his times ranging from mid to low 11's and an 11.0 just before his 10.98. MPH as high as 133.

Well done guys you have done myself and my shop proud with your mean machines.

Now the sad part. Against all my common sence and my brains telling me not to do it I thought I would take my F6 for a run or 2 with just the street tyres for a bit of fun....... Idea of the street tyres was thinking it wouldnt be able to break anything would it..... man I was wrong. With a detune on the dyno before hand pulling power back to 560 rwkw's off we went.

Now the turbo size limits the car to not getting boost in 1st gear so my 60 was always going to be bad. 2.6 bad actually.............. hit second gear and the car buzzed straight to the limiter so I pretty much just drove it down the track nwoing I had stuffed the run. It still ran over 100 mph to the 660 even with the lift off which amazed me a little.

Second go..... now the bad part. same 60 but this time I just squeezed my foot down and not even getting it to the floor before changing gears, all was well until I had to use 5th gear with about 100 metres and it just went B A N G and zipped straight to the limiter... No drive no gears no nothing. So until I pull the box tomorrow I dont know for sure but I would think its snapped the input shaft of the gearbox.......... Wonder if I will can get warranty hahahahhahahha. So no pass for me....... Not that I can really blame the car, that much power trying to get down a darg strip was always a stupid idea. The power delivery of the thing is not for the faint hearted and really was a stupid mistake on my behalf to even try. I never built it for it and I should have knowen better.

In reality though, I had a great time and it was great day, Thanks Eddie Tassone and the Greens for letting us play today.

Well done guys.

Simon XFT.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post